2.27.2008

Guess vs. Kors: Battle of Cut-out Wedges!

A friend wore these modern chic shoes to a recent formal event, and I was like, I love!

GUESS by Marciano Savor in Blue Patent
$99.95 at Zappo's

And then I was doing the usual ShopBop browsing ("Neutral Territory: Modern Metallics) and came upon these beauties.

KORS Shoes Danger Metallic Cutout Wedge
$230 at shopbop

And it hit me! Quite a big price difference and the two styles are extremely similar. The Guess ones don't come in silver but we don't always like looking like androids... and electric blue (or hot pink and black - the other options) is so, so major right now.

I am thinking a floaty white dress for the blues, as you cruise through Rome (in a few months). And for the silvers... a killer tan, a jersey LBD, and an oversized neutral clutch. In New York, of course.

No comments: