2.17.2008

Black Pointy Pumps

I could go on for years about wardrobe basics, but basics are... well, they're basically boring.
But not always!
Example: I just purchased a pair of black pointy-toe pumps, and they are the epitome of basic. But! They are not boring! It is partly that they are classically clean, sexily chic, and businessy in the best way. They are fierce. And I mean that in a very non-Top-Model-ish way; I mean it very literally.
My new pair:















Amalfi "Claudia" Pump
$129.95 at Nordstrom
(This picture makes them look so absolutely blah. And maybe they are. They are a basic! But they really do look good on. And these ones are made in Italy... and they will last.)

Another, cheaper, slightly shinier option:






Nine West "Freda" Pump
$49.95 at Nine West stores (sale!)
(These are surprisingly comfortable. But they are made in China! Ergo, the other pair eased my conscience... and will probably last a bit longer. But these are good-lookers.)



The moral of the story: basics are not exciting, but it is so very satisfying to buy a basic that you know will serve you well throughout its lifetime, come trend or high water...

No comments: