9.10.2008

Lure of LeSportSac

Two summers ago, I purchases my first LeSportSac: a black Tokidoki for LeSportSac simple bag (above right). It was cool because it had multicolored teeth in its zippers, tan leather detail, and a stain-resistant exterior fabric. Plus it was lightweight and held all my things. Eventually I removed the keychain so that it was clean and classic.
When I bought my (relatively cheap) bag, I never knew it would come around the world with me, carry me from day to night in all my travels, and still look as good as new....
I only wish it had a little more detail and a little more style.

Enter Stella McCartney for LeSportSac. The initial collection last year was not really my thing (that bunny backpack was kinda way too kitschy) but the new collection is, I think, a home run.

Stella McCartney for LeSportSac 4619 Classic Carrall in Bark, $225
Stella McCartney for LeSportSac 4624 Convertible Rucksack in Night, $250
These may not be cheap, but they look pretty luxurious (even in nylon, which is a feat). The gold detailing, the color choices - it all makes it both practical and classy. I think I have an item for my wish list - and I know that these bags will endure the test of time and environment. I guess my dream Marc by Marc leather bag will have to wait another season....

No comments: