3.15.2008

CyberShopping: Sunburn Clothing Cures

I'm in Hawaii, and it's about 90 degrees and scorching hot.
And my excellent sunburn has no mercy (I really did wear sunscreen, promise, but still...)
And I have resorted to wearing my loosest jersey dresses in an attempt to minimize cloth-to-body contact and thereby minimize the pain of sunburn.
What I really want right about now:

Rachel Pally Salsa Dress
$238 at Shopbop
(shown in pewter, also comes in white and midnight)

Oh! What I wouldn't give for loose, flowy tiers and effortless movement that will cool my burning back... Better yet, this dress looks made to move to a rhythm; whether Maui or Rio de Janeiro, think fabulous platform heels, a bright clutch, and Mojitos into the wee hours of morning.


Karen Zambos Vintage Couture V-Neck Tank Dress
$284 at Shopbop

So I know this is a tad shapeless, but the color is rich and you just know the silk will be soft and cool and light. I vote for bronze wedges and an earth-toned bag while out and about at night in Athens.


Milly Sardinia Tile Print Portofino Dress
$323 at Shopbop

This looks like the type of dress that you can throw on with your silver flat sandals after a hot day at the beach and check out the sites. The name says it all: Sardinia! or Portofino! Preferably anywhere in Italy, with a dark tan by a pool. Conversely, bring it to the Bahamas with giganto Tom Ford shades and an anti-Lily Pullitzer attitude.

This post has been Shopbop-heavy (and way too expensive) but a girl can dream...
Sending you sea-breeze blow kisses and flowers for your hair!

No comments: